Annie Holmes: Manager & CardioFit Coach
B.A. Exercise Science
1. What year did you start functional fitness style training? January 2017
2. What made you start? I used to be a cardio bunny. I would only run and was afraid to lift for fear of getting "bulky". But I tried this new style of workouts and was instantly hooked! And no "bulk" in sight so far. Ladies, do NOT be afraid to lift!
3. Why did you become a Trainer? Fitness changed my own life so much and all for the better. I love sharing fitness with others and helping them see the good it can do for them in and out of the gym. It's such a powerful asset to have in your arsenal and I wholeheartedly believe everyone should find some sort of fitness they LOVE.
4. What is your favorite movement? Farmer's Carry or Power Cleans
5. What is your favorite cheat meal/snack? Savory? Burger and fries. Sweet? Ice cream (preferably Ben & Jerry's Phish food or anything loaded to the brim with caramel)
6. What is your ideal favorite workout? I love long chipper workouts. One of my favorites of these is a hero WOD called "Bert". Look it up for a nice, long, body weight only sweaty mess of a workout :P
7. What is your favorite superhero and why? Deadpool for his attitude but as someone to actually respect? Ironman. He has no actual physical superpowers, and, unlike Batman, he actually designed and made all his own gear. His character arch is also an admirable one. Keep in mind, I've only watched the movies, so if they don't reflect the same facts about him in the comics I might change my answer lol
I was born and raised in the Northeast. Born in NY, raised in CT. I majored in Health & Human Performance with a focus on Exercise Science. I dabbled in personal training along with group fitness classes at NYSC and Crunch Fitness back in CT. My husband and I moved to Austin about 3 years ago and couldn't be happier with that decision. We have two amazing fur babies named Herman (a 3 year old cocker spaniel mix rescue) and Freddie (a 14 year old one eye-ed Jack Russel rescue). Our family is about to grow soon with Parker, a human baby, looking to make his appearance in August of 2021. When I'm not fitness-ing or talking about fitness I'm probably talking about dogs, petting dogs or eating or talking about food. I'm so grateful to have found such an amazing community in LTF! Being around like-minded, hard working, passionate people is the best feeling on earth; and I look forward to contributing my own passion and hard work to the community as well!