1. What year did you start functional fitness style training? One hot summer day in July of 2012.
2. What made you start? Prior to starting this style of working out, I worked out because I wanted to stay in shape. I tried everything from ellipticals and treadmills at a globo gym, doing P90x in my living room with my dogs jumping all over me and then to simply running a couple of miles day, while adding some sit-ups occasionally. Definitely wasn’t something I enjoyed or looked forward to. One summer, my friend told me about a new gym that was opening up in our area. Being in Marble Falls, there wasn’t very many options for fitness related things, so I figured I would give it a shot. I went to the community workout with her and we did a team workout using a deck of cards. I love everything about it-the workout, the people, the variety! The next week I dragged Frankie with me and we were hooked!
3. Why did you become a Trainer? If you know anything about my husband, you know that he always has ants in his pants and always looking for the next best thing or opportunity. When he has an idea, he acts on it immediately and won’t stop until he comes up with the next best thing, something I love about him but also drives me crazy! He told me one night that he wanted us to open up a gym in the Bee Cave/Spicewood area. I told him he was crazy! Owning a business at 24 years old and being a full time teacher commuting to Austin everyday didn’t seem like the best idea, but I trusted him and we did it! So to answer the question…I became a trainer not just because it came with the package of owning a gym, but I’ve always had the natural feeling and want to help people (hence the elementary school teacher in me). I wanted the same experience I had when I started. I became more fit, I loved the workouts I did, I learned about proper nutrition, and most importantly, I was a part of a community that made me feel good about what I did! I wanted that same feeling for the community we were going to serve at LTF. Boom! Mission Accomplished!
4. What is your favorite movement? Duh…the snatch! And yes I mean the full squat snatch.
5. What is your favorite cheat meal/snack? I can only pick one…geez! Breaking the rules here: Cheat Meal-I think I can eat enough Chips, Queso and Salsa to constitute as a meal & Cheat Snack- Sour Patch Kids (the big ones).
6. What is your ideal favorite workout? I love workouts with multiple short AMRAPs that increase weight and decrease reps. Possibly with some pull-ups, box jump overs and push jerks.
7. What is your favorite superhero and why? I just had to google "name of super heroes" right now, this question wasn’t made for me I’m not a big superhero fan.
I am originally from San Antonio, TX. I went to private Catholic school my whole life and was a high school & college cheerleader. After college, I was an elementary school teacher for 7 years. After having my sweet baby boy Jett, I decided to stay home and soak up the baby cuddles while I could (and loving every minute of it) but you can also find me at LTF chatting from member to member like a social butterfly! I choose to stay fit because it is a part of my life. It would be like me not eating.